Commitment to Your Privacy
- In performing our services in the ordinary course of business, we may collect, use and disclose Personal Information. Anyone from whom LettingWorx collects such information can expect that it will be appropriately and lawfully protected and that any use of or other dealing with this information is subject to consent, where this is required by law. This is in line with the general privacy practices of LettingWorx.
- This Policy sets out how LettingWorx collects, uses, discloses, and safeguards the Personal Information it processes in the course of its business.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- In this Policy, in addition to the other terms that have been defined in the body of the Policy, we make use of the following terms:
- “Personal Information” means all information which may be considered to be personal in nature or information about an identifiable natural and / or existing juristic person (where applicable) in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECTA”), the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”); and
- “User, you, your or yourself” refers to any person who makes use of the Website for any purposes whatsoever, whether or not such use is free of charge or paid for.
- In addition, unless the contrary is specified, terms that are used in the Policy that are specifically defined in POPIA, are given the meanings ascribed to them in POPIA.
This policy applies to this website and our related mobile applications. All references to our website herein includes a reference to our mobile applications.
What Personal Information is Collected and Why?
We may collect Personal Information in conducting ordinary business operations, including through the use of this website. In processing such Personal Information, LettingWorx at all times ensures that (i) it complies with the provisions of POPIA, and (ii) such Personal Information is used for legitimate business purposes.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- LettingWorx operates this website and conduct our business in general, in accordance with South African legislation. We consider it imperative to protect the privacy interests of data subjects.
- We may share your Personal Information outside of South Africa (including if such information is hosted offshore), and will ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure compliance with all applicable laws in this regard, including POPIA.
Retention of Personal Information
All Personal Information retained on our database, including such information obtained through the use of the website, is in accordance with the retention provisions set out in the applicable laws and regulations of South Africa, including those set out in POPIA
Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Information
- It is important to note that you have rights in relation to your Personal Information.
- You have the right to contact LettingWorx at any time to ask the us to:
- confirm that we hold your Personal Information (at no charge);
- provide you access to any records containing your Personal Information or a description of the Personal Information that we hold about you (subject to payment of a prescribed fee); and / or
- confirm the identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to your Personal Information (also subject to payment of a prescribed fee).
- When you make a request regarding your Personal Information we will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity.
- There may be times when we cannot grant access to your Personal Information, including where granting you access would (i) interfere with the privacy of others, or (ii) result in a breach of confidentiality. We will always provide you with reasons if this is the case.
- If you are of the view that any Personal Information that we hold about you is incorrect in any way, including that it is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete or misleading, you are allowed to ask us to correct it. If you believe that any Personal Information that we hold about you is excessive or has been unlawfully obtained, you can ask us to destroy or delete it. You may do the same if you think that we have retained if for longer than necessary, given the purpose. We will do so unless there are good grounds not to (such as that we are required to hold it for a period prescribed by any applicable legislation).
- It is important, however, to understand that if you withdraw your consent for us to use some of your Personal Information, it may affect the quality and level of service that we can provide to you.
- LettingWorx has adopted a security model to protect your Personal Information that complies with generally accepted information security practices and procedures. As part of the our security systems, we have implemented encryption processes, antivirus software and fire-wall technology, and strong password controls. This is in addition to the physical security measures adopted by us to ensure that we take all appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent (i) loss of, damage to, or unauthorised destruction of Personal Information, and (ii) unlawful access to or processing of Personal Information. LettingWorx has security policies in place that we, our employees, and third-party service providers are required to adhere to and ensures they are bound by appropriate confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to your personal information.
- LettingWorx confirms that it takes all reasonable measures to:
- identify all reasonably foreseeable internal and external risks to any Personal Information in its possession or under its control;
- establish and maintain appropriate safeguards against any risks that are identified by us;
- regularly verify that these safeguards are effectively implemented by or on behalf of ourselves; and
- ensure that such safeguards are regularly updated in response to new risks or deficiencies in previously implemented safeguards.
- You can, in your browser settings, control the way cookies are managed on your devices. Clearing cookies and cache periodically is generally considered good practice in terms of privacy and performance. Here is a guide on clearing cookies & cache on most browsers & devices https://cybernews.com/resources/an-easy-to-use-guide-to-clear-browser-cookies/
- Rejecting cookies may affect certain functionality of the website.
- Any communications that you do receive from us as above, will set out how to opt out of receiving future communications from us, free of charge, if you no longer wish to receive material for any reason whatsoever. We will only send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes at certain times when engaging with us.